What is the Sound Wave?
The Sound Wave® is a top-of-the-line treatment solution that utilizes acoustic wave therapy –also known as shock wave therapy, AWT, RPW, EPAT or RSWT – to regenerate tissue and promote faster healing. Sound Wave is a non-invasive technology that helps to support the body’s natural regenerative and healing process and is an effective treatment option for acute and chronic musculoskeletal and joint related conditions.
Power and performance
The Sound Wave® is made for clinics that want to stay on the cutting edge of shock wave technology. By putting our patients at ease with a shock wave unit that’s top-of-the-line in both effectiveness and appearance. The Sound Wave’s® wide range of transmitters allows us to comfortably treat a variety of musculoskeletal conditions with this one unit.
The acoustic wave machine (Sound Wave) can treat both acute and chronic conditions:
- Shorter than 1-month duration
- Active trigger points
- Less energy required
- Less treatment may be required
- More than 3 month duration
- Longer duration requires more treatment sessions
- Higher energy required
- Myofascial: 4-8 sessions (very chronic cases require more)
- Tendon: 6-8 sessions (very chronic cases require more)
NOTE: rare but possible side effects. If they do occur they are temporary and will normally subside within a few hours to 48-72 hours of treatment. Please see your acoustic wave machine provider if symptoms persist past five days.
- Localized soreness/pain post treatment
- Skin lesions in case of previous cortisone therapy
- Minor bruising/discoloration